Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe by Allison Ehri Kreitler, From: Fine Cooking 99, pp22-23 Published in May 6, 2099.. This is a lovely hors d'oeuvres :) it goes over very easily! We made this to see how it would taste and it was wonderful!!! I was looking for something easy but a little different & voila! Here it is! ;)
- 3 -4 hearts of palm, rinsed and cut into 1/4-inch coins (you'll need 24)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (preferably Hellmans or Best Foods brand)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander seed, toasted and coarsely ground in a mortar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 pinch cayenne
- hot sauce (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 48 small peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (71 to 90 or 100 to 150 per lb.)
- 5 -6 radishes, sliced into 1/4 -inch-thick coins (you' ll need 24)
- 24 fresh cilantro leaves (to garnish)
- Lay the palm coins in a single layer in a non-reactive dish. Drizzle with 2 T. of the lime juice, 3 T water, and the olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with sugar and a generous pinch of salt. Shake the dish to coat the palm coins and let sit while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix the remaining 1/4 teaspoons lime juice with the mayonnaise, coriander seeds, lime zest, cayenne, a generous pinch of salt, hot sauce and a pinch of pepper. Toss the shrimp with the mayonnaise and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carefully drain the hearts of palm and pat dry with paper towels. Top each radish coin with a palm coin of similar size, two shrimp, and a cilantro leaf.