Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice, simple salad that requires a minimum of effort and no actual cooking...always nice on hot summer days. As with most vegetable salads, amounts are approximate (I often trade the tomatoes for carrots or peas).
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned chick-peas, drained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup hearts of palm, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Toss together all salad ingredients.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss vegetables with dressing until thoroughly combined.
Excellent salad! I added crumbled feta cheese for extra flavor and thinly sliced celery for extra crunch.
Now I made this, but not having hearts of palm I used artichoke hearts. Other then that followed the recipe. A very pretty salad. Thanks for sharing.