Recipe by GourmetGradStudent
Adapted from a Cooking Light Recipe I found online. I love this salad. Nice, light, easy to make.
Top Review by NurseJaney
Still trying to use our bountiful garden harvest -- this time plum tomatoes. This was refreshing and very complementary to our left-over London broil and mashed potatoes. I used a slice of Vidalia onion, since I had no red onion; celery seed - no celery, plus a spoon of feta. Looks like it should be even more flavorful tomorow. Chopped kalamatas and/or fresh shoots could be tasty. Thanks, GourmetGrad, for posting.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (aka garbanzo beans)
- 1 (16 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained, and sliced into small pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper