Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A creamy ricotta pizza, topped with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, black olives, pancetta, shallots and pine nuts! Smothered with fontina and asiago cheese and presented on a beautiful white wine and honey crust! Makes 2 pizzas. Prep time does not include rising time.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine, room temp
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened til creamy
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Topping ingredients for 2 pizzas
- 1⁄2 lb pancetta, chopped
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, packed in water drained and quartered (or coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil or 1⁄2 cup water, drained
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 lb fontina, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 cup lightly toasted pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- For dough:.
- In large mixing bowl, sprinkle yeast over a 1/4 of a cup of the warm water, stir to dissolve, stir in honey.
- Set aside to "proof" for a few minutes. Til it's foamy.
- And remaining warm water, oil, and white wine.
- With large spoon, beat in 1 1/2 cups flour til smooth, continue beating for about 2 minutes longer.
- Add salt, stir.
- Add rest of flour needed to make a stiff dough.
- *You may not need the last 1/4 cup if your weather is very humid.
- Turn out onto lightly floured board, knead until smooth and elastic, 5-8 minutes, forming a ball.
- Place in oiled bowl, turning ball of dough all around til all sides are oiled.
- Cover, let rise in warm place til doubled, about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down, divide dough in half.
- Press onto 2 lightly oiled, then lightly sprinkled with cornmeal, pizza pans making 1/2" high borders on each.
- *If only wanting to make 1 pizza, oil second ball of dough, wrap with plastic wrap, place in ziploc freezer bag, and freeze til needed.
- **You will also only need half of the sauce and topping ingredients when making 1 pizza.
- In small bowl, mix sauce ingredients well. Set aside. (This will be thick.).
- In small frying pan, fry pancetta, shallots and garlic about 5 minutes til done. Drain any grease, set aside.
- Divide sauce in half, and spread evenly on each pizza.
- Sprinkle each pizza with rest of ingredients through black olives, including pancetta mixture.
- Sprinkle each with basil and oregano.
- Top each with thin slices of fontina.
- Sprinkle each with asiago.
- Lightly sprinkle each with cayenne.
- Sprinkle each very lightly with fresh cracked pepper. About 3-4 turns from a mill on each, or to your own liking.
- Bake in 400°F preheated oven for 25-35 minutes til done to your liking.
- Sprinkle each with toasted, chopped pine nuts.
- Let rest a few minutes, slice and serve!
- Note: To toast pine nuts.
- Place in small non-stick skillet and toast over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Longer if desired, but watch carefully so that you don't burn or over-toast them. Do this while the pizza(s) are in the oven. Remove nuts from pan, set aside til needed.