Recipe by diner524
The Brampton Inn’s smooth and creamy signature coffee recipe includes chocolate, cinnamon and a dash of red pepper to spice up special moments. Recipe courtesy of Land O Lakes, which states "Recipe courtesy of Brampton Bed & Breakfast Inn, Chestertown, Maryland."
Top Review by evelyn/athens
I made a 'breakfast' version of this which I really enjoyed. Used reg. milk instead of the 1/2 and 1/2, no whipped cream, and a sprinkle of cocoa instead of the chocolate shavings. Very much enjoyed the combo of chocolate/vanilla/cinnamon/ground red pepper (I used cayenne). Thanks.
- 473.18 ml hot coffee (strong)
- 59.14 ml chocolate syrup
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 0.59 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.25 ml ground red pepper
- 118.29 ml half-and-half cream
- whipped light cream, if desired
- chocolate shavings, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour coffee into 1-quart saucepan. Stir in chocolate syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and red pepper; add half & half. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (3 to 4 minutes).
- To serve, pour into individual coffee mugs. Garnish each serving with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate shavings, if desired.