Recipe by JESMom
I'd probably call this a stew over soup, and it's got a cream base to it, but it's good no matter what you call it! From BHG 30 Minute Dinners.
- 8 ounces beef cube steaks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup frozen lima beans
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 cups water
- 8 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (1 Tablespoon fresh)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle steaks with garlic salt and pepper. Cook in a 4 quart pot un oil about 3 minutes, or until done, turning once. Remove from pan; cut into cubes; set aside. Drain fat from pan.
- In the same pan melt the butter. Add onion, carrot, celery and lima beans. Cook until onion is tender, stirring continually.
- Add flour and water; cook until thick and bubbly.
- Add undrained tomatoes, corn, peas, basil, bouillon granules, Worcestershire sauce and meat.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until heated through.