Recipe by Diane Ludy
This is a low fat recipe consisting of skinless, boneless stuffed chicken breasts mixed with a heavenly yet light artichoke heart, mushroom, caper and white wine reduction, baked until bubbly with a crispy topping.
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 (12 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts
- 1 (12 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄8 cup capers
- 1⁄2 cup fat free monterey jack pepper cheese, crumbled
- 1 (12 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned stuffing mix (preferably melba toast-based)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (for low-fat cooking label)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 365°F.
- Make a slice into the middle of the chicken breasts, making a pocket.
- Stuff cheese crumbles into the chicken breasts.
- Place chicken breasts in square baking dish and sprinkle white pepper and salt.
- In small skillet, combine 1/4 cup of the white wine, artichokes, mushrooms and capers and heat on high.
- Stir in basil and rosemary with the artichoke, mushroom and caper mixture and reduce until all liquid has evaporated, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup and remaining 1/4 cup of wine.
- Pour artichoke, mushroom and caper mixture into baking pan with the chicken.
- Pour cream of chicken mixture into baking pan.
- In another bowl, mix stuffing breadcrumbs with spray butter or olive oil.
- Spread stuffing mix on top of baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly in the middle and chicken cooked through.