Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love tuna melts and I love cheese, so when I found this recipe, I was happy. From a Cabot Cheese pamphlet full of recipes.
- 2 whole wheat English muffins
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat thousand island dressing
- 3 ounces 50% light cheddar cheese
- Preheat Boiler.
- Arrange English Muffins split side-up on baking sheet: set under broiler until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, mix together tuna, celery, onion and salad dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each muffin with one-fourth of tuna mixture. Return to broiler until heated through, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Top each with one-fourth of cheese and return to broiler until cheese is melted, about 1 minute longer.