Cook1 hr 10 mins
A wonderful low-fat alternative to traditional pork sausages. I've entered the recipe just as written but I prefer to up the oomph with double spices and herbs plus a dose of red pepper flakes. I've also added a smidge of fennel on occassion. I'm guessin' here but you could possibly use just poultry seasoning in place of the assortment of herbs and get a similar flavor. These can be quite dry if you use ground turkey breast (97% fat free). If you're OK with that, so be it. I prefer the 90% lean ground turkey. Still no gravy for those biscuits though ;-) NOTE: Chilling time IS included in prep time.
- Combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Shape into 12 patties and chill for at least an hour.
- Coat a nonstick skillet HEAVILY with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, cook patties ~5 minutes on each side. (I'm guilty of smashing on them with a spatula to see if the juices are clear yet. This only serves to dry them out even more. But old habits -- ).
- Serving size for nutritional data = 1 patty.