Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Cooking Light. A reasonable treat if you don't eat too many. Could be made with dried apricots, cranberries, etc instead of cherries.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces whole wheat flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; add brown sugar, stirring until smooth. Add sugar mixture to flour mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add cherries, vanilla, and egg; beat until combined. Fold in chocolate.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- Cool on pans 3 minutes or until almost firm. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.