Recipe by JenJenMarie
I make this every year for my husband for Valentine's Day. I got this recipe from the Food Network and Martha Stewart. 2003 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour, plus more for coating pan
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for buttering pan
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 311.84 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter 12 inch heart shaped pan. Can also use a jelly roll pan. Dust the bottom and sides with flour; tap to remove any excess. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl using a wooden spoon, combine butter, both sugars, and vanilla, beat for 5 minutes or until fluffy. (I use my kitchenaid mixer for this). Add the egg and mix until combined. Add the reserved dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. (I use either Ghiradelli or Guttiard. Sometimes I cut up chocolate bars and use instead of chips.).
- Using your fingers, press dough into the bottom of the prepared pan in an even layer. Bake about 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Transfer to wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes. Invert pan to release cookie and return to wire rack to cool completely, top side up. Allow to cool completely before decorating.