Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From "Delicious Dips" cookbook. "The tortilla chips are best served within 8 hours of baking them, but can be prepared 1 day in advance and stored in a covered container at room temperature. The chips will soften if stored in plastic bags.
- Position the oven racks in the center and bottom third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350. Spray the bottom of 2 rimmed baking sheets with vegetable oil cooking spray, or use nonstick baking sheets.
- In small bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar. Using a pastry brush, brush the tortillas generously, on one side only, with the jelly.
- Using a 2 1/2" heart-shaped cooking cutter, round cookie cutter, or any other fun cookie cutter about the same size, cut the tortillas into shapes.
- Sprinkle the brushed side generously with sugar and arrange on the baking sheets without crowding. (Bake the tortilla chips in batches if they all won't fit.) Bake until the tortillas are crispy and golden brown, about 12 minutes, switching the position of the baking sheets halfway through the baking time.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Arrange in a basket or serving bowl and serve immediately.