Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are buttery, flaky little jam-filled thumbprint cookies that my mother-in-law used to make us for Valentine's Day. Just a warning, they're highly addictive!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- strawberry preserves
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until creamy.
- Blend in vanilla. Add flour and salt, mixing well.
- Stir in oats.
- Cover dough and chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll out on lightly floured board until 1/4" thickness.
- Cut with floured 2 1/2" heart shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Press center with thumb and fill imprint with jam.
- Bake 16-18 minutes until slightly golden.