Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe came from a Karo Syrup bottle. I haven't tried them yet but they sound good.
Make and share this Heart Melting Brownie Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Karo light corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 8 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray large cookie sheets with cooking spray. In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl with mixer at low speed, beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Beat in corn syrup and eggs. At low speed, stir in melted chocolate and vanilla; add flour mixture until blended. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared pans.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, just until set. (DON'T OVERBAKE). Let stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire racks.