Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A tasty comfort dish that I whipped up for a simple stress-relief meal. High in flavor, low in guilt, and simple to throw together. I prepared this in a crock pot, but it wouldn't be difficult to transfer it to an oven or stovetop.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat rotini (I used Heartland)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat macaroni (Again, I used Heartland)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained (I used a no-sodium Veg-all)
- 3⁄4 cup fat free cheese, shredded (I used kraft mozzarella)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons margarine (I used smart squeeze)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- salt, to taste
- Partially cook pasta and set aside.
- In separate bowl, stir together all other ingredients.
- Mix pasta and tuna mixture.
- Pour into Crockpot. cook low for 3-4 hours.