Recipe by Bec
For one 12 inch pizza. From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
Top Review by LainieBug
I love vegetable pizzas and this was delicious. I used very thin slices of zucchini instead of the mushrooms as I don't care for cooked mushrooms, but otherwise followed the recipe.
- 1 (6 ounce) can low-sodium tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onions or 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- vegetables, in season as desired
- 8 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix thoroughly tomato paste, water, basil, oregano, garlic powder and red peppers.
- Spread evenly over an unbaked 12 inch pizza crust.
- Layer green pepper, mushrooms, onions and other vegetables, if desired, evenly over sauce.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust lightly browned.