Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I don’t know about you, but if I can’t have pizza on my diet I feel as though I am being denied one of the basic four-food groups. I have created this recipe as one of my lunch choices for a very strict 1800-calorie per day low fat cardiac diet. I finish off with 1 cup of strawberries and water or a non-caloric beverage for a tasty, low calorie and more heart healthy lunch.
- 1 6 inch fat-free whole wheat pita bread
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 3 ounces lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli (steamed)
- 2 garlic cloves (or jarred garlic like Christopher Ranch)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black olives (chopped)
- Pre heat pizza stone in a 400 degrees oven.
- Sauté garlic and broccoli.
- Carefully cut a pocket into the center of the pita, but be careful not to slice through, then stuff inside with the sautéed steamed Broccoli and garlic.
- Spread Tomato Sauce on top of the Pita.
- Sprinkle black olive and mozzarella on top and place in the oven on the pizza stone. (Regular pizza pan or piece of aluminum foil can be used it you do not have a pizza stone).
- Bake for approximately 12 -15 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cut into quarters and enjoy!
This made for an easy and quick lunch. I followed the instructions only adding some oregano to the tomato sauce and I probably will use my pizza sauce that I make next time. Thank you for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2012.