Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
"Hearty" and filling, these low fat breakfast muffins taste great without adding cholesterol or added oil to your diet. Muffins store great in a covered container in the refrigerator - just warm in the microwave. I have been experimenting with cooking low fat and low cholesterol recipes for my husband. Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute, like Eggbeaters
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup milk
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare standard sized muffin tins by spraying with a low fat cooking spray or line with muffin cups.
- In one large bowl, combine first five ingredients, mixing all dry ingredients well.
- Stir in raisins.
- In a separate bowl combine the following wet ingredients: egg substitute, applesauce, milk. Stir well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Do not over-mix muffin dough.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin is dry when removed.