Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We all have heard that Oatmeal and flax seed are good for your heart. These combine both in a chewy, yummy cookie that even your picky eater will love!
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups old fashioned uncooked oats
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add flour, flax, soda, cinnamon, salt and mix well.
- stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfulls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to a wire rack.