Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins are made with Flaxseed meal and Soy milk. No added fats, and plenty of fiber. I make these muffins for the local coffee house. Can hardly keep up with the demand for these good tasting and good for you goodies.
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 3⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 apples, peeled & shredded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together flour, flaxseed meal, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt (if desired), and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Stir in carrots, apples, raisins (if desired), and nuts.
- Combine milk, beaten eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Stir until ingredients are moistened.
- Do Not over mix.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
these are beyond fabulous and healthy to boot!! I shredded lemon peel on the top-yummy!!
This recipe is a keeper. I was looking for a healthy muffin to take to work for breakfast. This is a very moist muffin and very delicious. I did not have soy milk so I used skim milk. I love the fact that they are so good for you and taste good too!! UPDATE: These muffins freeze wonderfully. After thawing out they are just as good as when first made. I love this recipe.
My husband initially wouldn't try them when he saw what I had put in them. After trying them, however, he could not stop eating them. These are moist, flavorful and delicious. A keeper for us!
UPDATE 1/10/12: Still enjoying these little beauties just as written. I usually double the batch and freeze some for future mornings. Wonderful!