Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Pesto lovers check this out! A cholesterol-lowering fiber and protein filled pesto. Arugula gives this pesto a nice bite if you want more of a kick go ahead and add the optional sriracha sauce. The Lima beans, cheeses and olive oil gives this a butter texture and protein. The lima beans replace the nuts in pesto's. You can do 1/2 arugula and 1/2 basil for more of a bite! BUT be sure to use tender baby arugula for it is raw in this recipe. The older the tougher and stronger it gets.The cook time is for the pasta. Mine was 8 minutes but cook according to package directions.
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta, cooked according to directions
- 1⁄2 cup lima beans, defrosted
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil, packed
- 1⁄2 cup baby arugula, packed
- 1 cup parmesan-romano cheese mix, grated
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- sriracha hot chili sauce (optional)
- Into a running food processor place lima beans and garlic add arugula, basil and cheeses. Pulse to blend.
- Slowly add oil through feed tube to make a nice paste.
- Season with salt and sriracha sauce to your heat level.
- Toss on to hot cooked cavatappi pasta.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and watch it disappear.
Tasty surprise! Was a little skeptical of arugula and lima bean pesto but they married up well. There is so much to like about this tasty meal in that it is quick, easy and very healthy. This recipe cuts in half very easily. This is a keeper. Thanks for the post and good luck in the contest.
Good taste and very nice served with pasta. I did use the sriracha sauce as we like a little "sting". I halved the recipe and it was enough for the two of us.
Thanks for creating and posting.
Made for RSC #16 Contest.