1/1 Photo of Heart-Healthy Herby Baked Spuds
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From the American Heart Association
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream or 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream or 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt or 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (basil, chives, thyme, marjoram, oregano, parsley, etc. any combination)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- skim milk (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese or 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 425° F.
- 2Scrub potatoes with a brush; pat dry.
- 3Prick in several places, and bake on a baking sheet for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tender.
- 4Cut a 1-inch slice from the top of each potato; discard skin from slice and place pulp in a bowl.
- 5Using a spoon, carefully scoop the pulp from each potato, leaving a thin shell; add pulp to the bowl.
- 6With an electric mixer on low speed or a potato masher, beat or mash potato pulp; add sour cream, herbs, and Parmesan cheese, and beat or mash until smooth (If necessary, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons milk to make desired consistency).
- 7Stuff potato mixture into shells.
- 8Sprinkle 1 tablespoon mozzarella on to each potato.
- 9Place in a shallow baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heart-Healthy Herby Baked Spuds
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.4
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 102.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: