Heart Healthy Flaxseed Muffin Mix
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together applesauce, milk, honey, egg, and oil. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.
- Fold in add-ins of choice, being careful not to over-mix the batter. Divide the batter equally between muffin cups. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- For Mix ins the sky is the limit. Try: 1 cup dried cranberries + ½ cup chopped pecans or ~ 2 cups fresh blueberries or ~ 1 cup mashed banana (instead of applesauce) + 1 cup chopped walnuts or ~ 1/2 cup pumpkin puree for 1/2 cup of applesauce or ~ 1 cup chopped apples with cinnamon.
- Try a topping: Oatmeal, cinnamon, and raisins or nuts like almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds.
- Or try adding extracts to the wet ingredients to add a flavor boost.).