Recipe by bca211
Heart Healthy Orange/Cranberry cake.
Top Review by Heaven's Kitchen
I enjoyed this very much. It does remind me of a coffee cake. Like another reviewer, I baked this in a bundt pan. I used fresh cranberries. I don't recommend it! The outcome was still very good, but the fresh cranberries were rather tart. I like death_by_parsnip's idea of trying it with blueberries instead. I think that would be phenomenal! That's what I'll do next time, since I prefer blueberries to cranberries. Or if I use cranberries again, I'll definitely stick to the recipe and use the dried ones that are called for. Highly recommended recipe! Thanks a bunch! ADDENDUM: I also think this would be great with poppy seeds added!
- 1 cup cranberries, Dried
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup soy flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, Grated
- 1 egg, Beaten
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together Cranberries, Sugar and Orange Juice. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix together the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Combine Oil, Egg and Orange Juice. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Mix until all ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in Cranberry mixture.
- Pour into 8x8 baking dish. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.