Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Just a simple omelet suitable for those health conscious people that don't want to load up on saturated fats
- 4 egg whites, scrambled
- 1 jumbo egg, scrambled
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup skim milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Sweat the garlic with a tablespoon of olive in a small pan.
- When done add the onions and cook slowly until transparent.
- Add the diced tomatoes, remove from heat, and set aside.
- Coat a large frying pan with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Spread the oil over the pan with the end of a paper towel or napkin.
- Scramble the eggs, skim milk, and pepper up in a bowl then spread them out over the pan and cook like any other omelet.
- When the egg begin to firm up, cover it with the cheese.
- Once the cheese has begun to melt and the eggs are firm, spread the onion, garlic, and tomato from the small pan over the top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top and fold the egg omelet over in half.