1 hr 15 mins
Chef #573662's Note:
With a variey of seasonings and skinless chicken this dish is a good choice for those of us that have heart concerns.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk or 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup crumbled corn flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1Add 1/2 tsp of the poultry seasoning to the milk.
- 2Combine all the other spices with the cornflake crumbs and place in a plastic bag.
- 3Wash chicken and pat dry.
- 4Dip chicken in the milk and shake to remove excess, then quickly shake in the bag with the seasonings and crumbs.
- 5Refrigerate up to 1 hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 7Remove chicken from the fridge and sprinkle with paprika for colour.
- 8Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan.
- 9Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- 10Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30-40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled from the bone with a fork.
- 11Drumsticks may require less baking time than breasts.
- 12(DO NOT TURN CHICKEN DURING BAKING).
- 13Crumbs will form crispy skin.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heart Healthy Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 130.4 mg
- Sodium 186.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 47.0 g