Recipe by franrobson
With a variey of seasonings and skinless chicken this dish is a good choice for those of us that have heart concerns.
Top Review by terrie26
I have been looking for heart healthy recipes and was getting discouraged until I tried this one. Excellent - though I would tone down the red pepper flakes. A little too spicy for my tastes. But the first heart healthy recipe with some flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup crumbled corn flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1/2 tsp of the poultry seasoning to the milk.
- Combine all the other spices with the cornflake crumbs and place in a plastic bag.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Dip chicken in the milk and shake to remove excess, then quickly shake in the bag with the seasonings and crumbs.
- Refrigerate up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove chicken from the fridge and sprinkle with paprika for colour.
- Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30-40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled from the bone with a fork.
- Drumsticks may require less baking time than breasts.
- (DO NOT TURN CHICKEN DURING BAKING).
- Crumbs will form crispy skin.