Recipe by Kaitlin Cav
You won't miss the bread a bit...these elegant and easy-to-make stuffed tomatoes make a refreshing alternative to sandwiches.
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chicken, such as Swanson
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the yogurt, mayonnaise, celery, onion and chicken in a medium bowl.
- Cut each tomato into wedges, cutting down to about 1/2 inch of the bottom, without cutting all the way through the tomato.
- Place 1 1/2 cups lettuce on each of 4 serving plates. Top with a tomato and spoon 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture into each tomato.