Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is one that my mom adapted to make heart heathy for my dad who had had a heart attack. She is an excellent cook and was able to adjust almost all of her recipes to make them heart healthy. We all ate healthier after that! Very simple to make and guests never suspect it is actually good for them which is an added bonus. Enjoy! **Note** another person posted this photo and it does not look anything like my original recipe. Please remove your photo, sorry!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon light extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 4 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Combine all ingredients except for the chicken and the pasta in a large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until tender.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti with optional parmesan cheese.
I loved the smell of this as it was cooking. It tasted great, too. The only thing I did was to serve over egg noodles since I didn't have spaghetti. It was delicious.
Simply scrumptious! I made this recipe in my crock pot, cooking it on low for 8-hours, mainly because my chicken breasts went in the pot frozen! Thanks for posting! Made for Spring 2009 PAC. Note: If the chef wants the photos removed he/she needs to contact RecipeZaar "customer support" and ask them to remove the photos.