Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
One night, David made chicken breast w/ roasted potatoes, parsnips, carrots, and onions for dinner. The chicken was gone in minutes, but we had plenty of veggies left over. I needed a quick and healthful breakfast for the kids, and David suggested a breakfast casserole. I baked it the night before and reheated individual servings in the microwave the next morning. One of my sons put slices between two pieces of toast for breakfast-on-the-go. Pretty clever family I've got here, eh? :D Feel free to substitute whatever works for you--hashbrowns, tater tots, waffle fries, multi-colored carrots (my fave!), sweet potatoes, etc.
- 4 cups vegetables, roasted and coarsely chopped (potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and onions)
- 2 tablespoons sodium-free seasoning (I like Paul Prudhomme's Pizza & Pasta Magic)
- 8 ounces soy crumbles (I like Morningstar 'cuz it tastes just like real sausage)
- 4 eggs, whole
- 8 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place roasted veggies in bottom of ungreased non-stick (or greased if not non-stick) 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle seasoning evenly over veggies.
- Layer sausage crumbles over seasoned veggies.
- Beat eggs and egg whites together and pour evenly over sausage.
- Bake until egg is cooked through, approximately 35-40 minutes. There should be no runny egg visible.
- Cool slightly, then serve. Top with cheese if desired.