1/1 Photo of Heart-Healthy Breakfast Casserole W/ Roasted Veggies
One night, David made chicken breast w/ roasted potatoes, parsnips, carrots, and onions for dinner. The chicken was gone in minutes, but we had plenty of veggies left over. I needed a quick and healthful breakfast for the kids, and David suggested a breakfast casserole. I baked it the night before and reheated individual servings in the microwave the next morning. One of my sons put slices between two pieces of toast for breakfast-on-the-go. Pretty clever family I've got here, eh? :D Feel free to substitute whatever works for you--hashbrowns, tater tots, waffle fries, multi-colored carrots (my fave!), sweet potatoes, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups vegetables, roasted and coarsely chopped (potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and onions)
- 2 tablespoons sodium-free seasoning (I like Paul Prudhomme's Pizza & Pasta Magic)
- 8 ounces soy crumbles (I like Morningstar 'cuz it tastes just like real sausage)
- 4 eggs, whole
- 8 egg whites
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Place roasted veggies in bottom of ungreased non-stick (or greased if not non-stick) 9 x 9 baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle seasoning evenly over veggies.
- 4Layer sausage crumbles over seasoned veggies.
- 5Beat eggs and egg whites together and pour evenly over sausage.
- 6Bake until egg is cooked through, approximately 35-40 minutes. There should be no runny egg visible.
- 7Cool slightly, then serve. Top with cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heart-Healthy Breakfast Casserole W/ Roasted Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.8
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 94.0 mg
- Sodium 188.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: