Recipe by senjapet
This is a low fat, low cholesterol version of an old time Classic. It's creamy and delicious, while being heart healthy. If not on a heart healthy diet, I recommend Dannon LaCreme vanilla yogurts as a replacement for yogurt and sour cream mix for a more indulgent texture and flavour. Use brown sugar, or other sweetener and lemon juice and peel to adjust flavour from sweet to tangy. Serve in 6 to 8oz parfait, or other desert glasses. Garnish to suit the occassion. If served for breakfast, use a larger container and mix in your favorite cereal.
- 3 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, adjusted to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice, adjusted to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 1⁄4 ounces fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons low-fat whipped cream (optional)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt, such as Publix CreamyBlends
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip together yogurt and sour cream. Mix in brown sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice to taste. Whip until smooth in texture. Chill.
- Pour half of the mixture into glasses, spread half of the berries over and then repeat the step.
- Top with upto 2tb of cream.
- Garnish for occassion. Mint leaf, cinnamon, chopped up trail mix, cereal mix -- .