Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
It's hard to fit sweets into a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet, but these Blondies are definitely better for my heart than the traditional ones. I use whole grain flour, egg whites, and a bit of flaxseed meal (you can't really taste it, but studies show it does wonders for the heart).
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease bottom and sides of 9x13-inch pan.
- In mixing bowl, stir together flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
- With electric mixer, cream together margarine & sugar, then beat in egg whites & vanilla. Blend well.
- Mixing at low speed, gradually add dry ingredients.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.