Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low-Cal, Low-Fat Yummy Apple Muffins. I saw this recipe on Food Network's Healthy Appetite by Ellie Kreiger. I figured i would post it since they only allow you to watch the video online.
- 1 -2 golden delicious apple
- juice of half lemon
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- Peel and chop Golden Delicious Apple into Pieces.
- Squirt with juice of a half a lemon, to keep color.
- *Topping* Mix together: 2 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar, 1/4 Cup Pecans, and 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon. Set Aside.
- *Muffin Batter* Whisk together Dry ingredients: All ingredients from Whole Wheat Flour through Salt. Set Aside.
- Prepare Wet ingredients in a seperate bowl with a beater or in a mixer by adding in each ingredient one at a time as you beat or mix. Add in remaining ingredients from 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar through Vanilla Extract.
- *Combine* Add dry ingredients into wet, alternating with Buttermilk. Stir in Apples. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray and fill up each cup. Sprinkle with topping and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Enjoy. :).