Recipe by Mom2Rose
The heart cups for the sundaes can be made up to 8 hours in advance. Store them, covered, at room temperature until you're ready to assemble the dessert.
- 425.24 g boxpillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 473.19 ml vanilla ice cream
- 118.29 ml strawberry ice cream topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F
- Place 4 (6-oz) custard cups, upside down, on cookie sheet; spray cups and sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove pie crusts from pouches; place flat on cutting board.
- With sharp knife, cut out 2 (5 1/2-inch) heart shapes from each crust.
- Drape each pastry heart over inverted custard cup on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool hearts on cups completely, about 30 minutes, before removing from cups.
- Meanwhile, with 1 1/2-inch or smaller heart-shaped canape or cookie cutter, cut remaining scraps of dough into 12 small heart shapes; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet; cool completely.
- To serve, place heart cups in shallow dessert plates or bowls.
- Fill each with 1/2 cup ice cream.
- Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons strawberry topping.
- Top each with 3 heart cutouts.