Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on Cowbow Country TV, and thought it sounded so delicious, the ingredients, not the title!! I haven't tried it yet, but it will be on our menu for this week!!
- 6 -8 large potatoes, peeled and sliced, about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups corn flakes, coarsely ground
- Cook the potatoes in water until they are barely tender,. Drain off the cookng water. Butter a 2 1/2 quart casserole or 8-inch baking pan. Arrange the potatoes in the pan and sprinkle the onion on top.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, soup, cheese and sour cream.
- Cook over low heat, stirring often, until the ingredients are blended together. Spoon the sauce over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle generously with cornflake crumbs so the topping is a good 1/4-inch thick. Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes.