1/1 Photo of Heart and Soul Black Bean Soup
Queen uh Cuisine's Note:
This soup is so easy to put together. Warms your heart and soul. Toppings are all optional, you don't want to miss out though :) Made for RSC #11
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped, approx 1/4 cup
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 ounces smoked ham steaks, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole black beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans refried black beans
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 30 ounces chicken stock
- 8 tablespoons gouda cheese, grated fine
- 4 key limes, just a squeeze over soup before serving
- 1In large pot, heat oil with medium heat and add shallots and garlic.
- 2Saute until translucent, approx 2 minutes.
- 3Add chopped ham and saute for another 2 minutes.
- 4Add all beans. To drain black beans, place hand on top of opened can,
- 5slowly turn over and let the juice flow out between your fingers. It's kind of fun :).
- 6Mix well; the refried beans will need to be broken up.
- 7Add creamed corn and chopped sun dried tomatoes.
- 8Add cayenne pepper to taste.
- 9Add chicken stock and bring to simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- 10Serve in bowls topped with grated Gouda and a squeeze of lime juice.
- 11I would suggest all the toppings too :).
- 12Toppings: (Optional).
- 13Avocado, cubed.
- 14Cilantro, torn into small pieces.
- 15Fat free sour cream.
- 16Tortilla chips.
- 17Big Spoon :).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heart and Soul Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 938.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: