7 hrs 30 mins
Boo L's Note:
Rather than the traditional dark Christmas pudding, made months in advance and fed with alcohol, this can be made a couple of days before Christmas, and is far less boozy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and line a glass 2pt basin or use a plastic basin with a ready made lid.
- 2Soak the orange and lemon rind, grated carrot, cherries and fruit in the spirits for at least an hour, but preferably overnight.
- 3Mix together the suet, flour, sugar, mixed spice and breadcrumbs.
- 4Add this to the fruit mix, and beat in 2 eggs.
- 5Transfer this to the basin, leaving an inch at the top.
- 6Cover the top of the basin with baking parchment and use the plastic lid or a double layer of foil.
- 7Steam over a low heat (watching carefully so that it doesn't run out of water!) or in a slow cooker for 7 hours. Alternatively cook for 5 hours when you make it, and then for a further 2 on Christmas day to warm up.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heap Family Light Christmas Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.9
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 105.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: