1/1 Photo of Healty Country Pancakes Michael Smith
*EDIT*: After reading Deb's review I have reduced the nutmeg from 1 tsp to 1/2 tsp. I had thought that a full tsp sounded a lot but stuck with Michael. I guess that even he can be off sometimes *END OF EDIT* I saw Michael making these this morning and just couldn't resist purloining the recipe. Since he was sharing them on TV I doubt that he'll mind. Not all of my variations are in line with the healthy main recipe. I need to say also that the batter was really thick but it baked up beautifully making thick, lovely, cakes. Top 'em as you like 'em. Oh yeah, cooking time depends on the size of your pancakes, just look for the bubbles on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together the flours, oats, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, stir the dry mix into the wet ingredients just to combine.
- 2Preheat your griddle or a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Spoon the batter onto the preheated surface. Small pancakes cook faster and are easier to flip but if you’re a deft hand, feel free to make them bigger. Watch for bubbles to break the surface, then flip and finish. Serve and share!
- 5Add a little fun by frying a batch of bacon on the griddle first (one or two strips per pancake). Once the bacon has finished cooking, fold the strips in half (off center making a V formation) and pour spoonfuls of batter over. Cook until golden brown, then flip and cook the second side. This option deletes the health factor but ups the man pleasing factor.
- 6Add some blueberries and cardamom to taste along with a teaspoon or two of sugar to the batter.
- 7Add some small diced apple and cinnamon to taste to the batter.
- 8Add a very ripe banana, mashed, and sweetened shredded coconut to taste.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healty Country Pancakes Michael Smith
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.8
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 933.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 17.0 g