Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an adopted recipe as I wanted to make a healthy bread using complex carbs and lower sugar and fat for my ingredients. This should make two loaves. I prefer freshly grated zucchini, but if using frozen be sure to drain well!!!
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (melted)
- 2 cups zucchini
- 7⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 7⁄8 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 walnuts, chopped or 1⁄2 cup golden raisins or 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease/flour two loaf pans.
- Beat egg substitute, sugar, Splenda, apple-sauce, and margarine together.
- Add flour baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, nuts or raisins.
- Add zucchini.
- Beat mixture (you can do this by hand or with an electric mixer).
- Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- You can double or even triple this recipe.
Very good bread especially for a whole wheat and lower sugar recipe. Stays very moist and is delicious either warm or cold. I like that is uses half applesauce to reduce the calories from oil/margarine. Think I will use olive oil next time instead of margarine. Welcome to 'zaar and keep 'em coming.