Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Zucchini recipes abound in late summer, and this healthy quick bread recipe from Tablespoon.com and Gold Medal Flour is a family favorite at our house. Make the most of your garden's bounty, add apricots for extra fiber and flavor, and you've got an easy recipe for a great, healthy snack!
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1 1/2 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites or 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- 1. Heat oven to 350º. Spray loaf pan, 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 or 9x5x3 inches, with nonstick cooking spray. Mix zucchini, sugar, oil and egg whites in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except apricots. Stir in apricots. Pour into pan.
- 2. Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack before slicing. Store tightly wrapped in refrigerator up to 1 week.