Recipe by Amandarenee31
I created these because I looked all over for a recipe for blueberry banana muffins that were actually healthy. Many had claimed to be this but if you looked at the nutrients for it, they were horrible.
- 4 medium ripe bananas (or 3 large bananas)
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice syrup (or honey, substituted for 1 cup sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil (substituted for 1/4 cup veg. oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour (divided, substituted for 2 1/2 cups white flour)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease or line a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas with rice syrup and coconut oil and mix well.
- In a small bowl, sift together salt, baking soda, and 2 cups of the flour. Add to banana mixture and stir by hand until throughly combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, and butter. Stir until it forms course crumbs and then sprinkle crumbs on muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.