Recipe by cowbells27
No white flour, refined sugar, or eggs. Good toasted for a snack for you and the kids.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients, and sift.
- Mix remaining ingredients, and incorperate into the dry mixture.
- The batter is thick. Place in a 8 1/2 x 4 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting.