Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wholesome ingredients, low glycemic, low fat and full of antioxidants. They taste great!
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2⁄3 cup agave nectar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 ounces dark baking chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350*. Place papers in 18 muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the applesauce and agava nectar. Beat in eggs. Pour in flours, flax seed, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until all flour is incorporated.
- Fold in the zucchini, carrots, walnuts and chocolate.
- Spoon into 18 muffin cups. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes then remove from muffin pan to a cooling rack.
My 7 year old and I made these yesterday and she gives them an A+! So do I. They are really great and healthy!