Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
Excellent alternative to regular waffles.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 2⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat milk, water, butter and honey to 120 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, eggs, yeast, salt and warm milk mixture.
- Mix at low speed to moisten, then medium-high speed for 1 minuted.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight stirring occasionally.
- Preheat waffle maker and cook waffles according to your waffle maker (about 3-5 minutes).
- Serve while hot with your favorite toppings.