Be Not Afraid! Using whole wheat is not only healthy, it can taste good, too! I used Coconut milk in this recipe not only to add flavor, but add nutrition as well. Coconut milk provides 50% more calcium than cow's milk and has less calories (look in your grocer's dairy case for coconut milk). The combination of the coconut milk and banana, you will feel like you made a trip to the tropics for breakfast! Use real maple syrup for the best results. I hope you will enjoy this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and baking powder together into a bowl; set aside.
- 2Combine egg, coconut milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl.
- 3Stir flour into milk mixture; add in mashed banana.
- 4Heat skillet over medium heat using coconut oil to grease pan.
- 5Cook pancakes until desired doneness, or until batter begins to bubble (about 2-3 minutes per side depending on size of pancake).
- 6Sprinkle pancakes with powdered sugar, top with choice of fresh berries.
- 7serve with real maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes With a Tropical Twist
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.8
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 530.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 65.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat flour