Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Be Not Afraid! Using whole wheat is not only healthy, it can taste good, too! I used Coconut milk in this recipe not only to add flavor, but add nutrition as well. Coconut milk provides 50% more calcium than cow's milk and has less calories (look in your grocer's dairy case for coconut milk). The combination of the coconut milk and banana, you will feel like you made a trip to the tropics for breakfast! Use real maple syrup for the best results. I hope you will enjoy this recipe!
- 1 1⁄4 whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk (more if you like thinner pancakes)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- coconut oil
- powdered sugar
- fresh raspberry (or your choice of fresh berries)
- real maple syrup
- Sift flour and baking powder together into a bowl; set aside.
- Combine egg, coconut milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir flour into milk mixture; add in mashed banana.
- Heat skillet over medium heat using coconut oil to grease pan.
- Cook pancakes until desired doneness, or until batter begins to bubble (about 2-3 minutes per side depending on size of pancake).
- Sprinkle pancakes with powdered sugar, top with choice of fresh berries.
- serve with real maple syrup.