Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A fluffy, whole grain, lower fat alternative to regular pancakes.
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Add lemon juice to milk, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir Splenda and oil together.
- Add eggs and buttermilk and beat until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients, and stir with a whisk until moistened (leave some lumps, you don't want to over-stir).
- Pour circles onto griddle and cook until done.