Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This are great for when you want to have something with a sweet zing, but not too sweet.
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup light butter
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- sift first four ingredients together.
- in another bowl, mix butter, molasses and vanilla, then add eggs.
- add sifted ingredients and whole wheat flour, thoroughly mix.
- add raisins and mix.
- drop a tsp about 2 inches apart and bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Very good cookie, with a nice texture from the w/w flour, and easy to put together. Baking time was spot on. I did not use raisins (we don't like them much). May try them with dried cranberries next time. I also might add some ground ginger, as we like that in molasses cookies. made for Fall 2008 PAC.