Recipe by goodandtasty
This is from Two Healthy Kitchens. I haven't tried it yet. Putting it here for safe-keeping and easy access. These can be served with breakfast, lunch, a snack, or even as a side to dinner.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup honey or 1⁄2 cup 100% pure maple syrup, if making for an infant and avoiding honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, shreds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pan with paper, foil, or silicone liners, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- In a large bowl fitted with an electric whisk (or beaters), mix the butter, honey, egg, and vanilla together on medium speed. Turn down the speed and slowly add in the flour mixture until well-combined. The batter will be fairly thick.
- 4. Using a spatula, carefully fold in applesauce and carrots. Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and muffins are beginning to turn golden brown on top.