Recipe by weekend cooker
Warm homemade whole wheat bread. When making this honey and brown sugar are listed. The recipe calls to use either 1, not both.
Top Review by Nyteglori
I had doubts about doing bread in a crockpot but it worked fine. The only problem I had is that I used one of the newer crockpots. The bread was a little done on the bottom. I think if you have a newer crockpot cut the cooking time down by half an hour. A good recipe to fill the third spot on my triple crockpot cooker but I probably would not make it by itself. The bread itself tasted fine. Thanks for the experience!
- 2 cups warm reconstituted powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups white flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together milk, oil, honey, or brown sugar, salt, yeast, and half of each flour in an electric mixer bowl.
- Beat with mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining flour and mix well.
- Place dough in well greased bread or cake pan that will fit in slow cooker.
- Cover with greased foil. Let stand for 5 minutes, and place in slow cooker.
- Cover cooker, and bake on HIGH for 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
- Remove pan and uncover.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, serve warm.