Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Warm homemade whole wheat bread. When making this honey and brown sugar are listed. The recipe calls to use either 1, not both.
- Mix together milk, oil, honey, or brown sugar, salt, yeast, and half of each flour in an electric mixer bowl.
- Beat with mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining flour and mix well.
- Place dough in well greased bread or cake pan that will fit in slow cooker.
- Cover with greased foil. Let stand for 5 minutes, and place in slow cooker.
- Cover cooker, and bake on HIGH for 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
- Remove pan and uncover.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, serve warm.
I had doubts about doing bread in a crockpot but it worked fine. The only problem I had is that I used one of the newer crockpots. The bread was a little done on the bottom. I think if you have a newer crockpot cut the cooking time down by half an hour. A good recipe to fill the third spot on my triple crockpot cooker but I probably would not make it by itself. The bread itself tasted fine. Thanks for the experience!