Mmm, nothing gets you out of bed like banana pancakes... and these are healthy to boot! If your in a chocolate fix, then add a handful of chocolate chips. These are super fluffy and delicious!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or 2 cups Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend or 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- cinnamon, to taste
- pumpkin pie spice, to taste
- 1 ripe and large banana, mashed
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- splash banana flavoring (banana extract)
- 1 small banana, chopped
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
- Whisk the mashed banana, yogurt, milk, sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, and banana extract in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet ingrediants to the dry, mix together, then fold in the chopped banana.
- Pour on a greased griddle preheated to 375. Batter will be a little thick, you may have to spread the batter a little as you pour it.
- Flip pancakes when cooked on the first side, cook the second.
- Enjoy with syrup.