1/1 Photo of Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Muffins (Low Sugar and Oil Free)
A delicious, simple base recipe for super moist, whole wheat banana muffins made with less sugar and no oil! I made mine with walnuts and cranberries. Makes 12 muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml oat bran
- 59.14 ml tbsps granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 large bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml low-fat milk
- 59.14 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg F/180 deg Celsius.
- 2Prep a muffin tray with muffin liners or grease well, and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, sift in the whole wheat flour. Add in oat bran, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk well and set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, add in your bananas and mash them up if you have not already done so with your whisk or the back of a fork. Add in one egg and mix well. Add the milk, water, vanilla extract and lemon juice and beat the mixture well.
- 5Add the dry ingredients to the wet, first using a whisk to incorporate the batter. Switch to a spatula or a wooden spoon and mix the batter. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- 6At this point, you can fold in your add-ins. I added in cranberries and walnuts, but you could probably do any other combination of fruits/nuts.
- 7Spoon the mixture into your greased/lined muffin tins. Bake in your preheated oven until a toothpick to the center comes out clean, or the tops are golden brown (but not burnt!), approximately 20 minutes.
- 8Allow muffins to cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Muffins (Low Sugar and Oil Free)
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 333.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 8.0 g